(This) Man's Best Friend

(This) Man's Best Friend
The Mighty Titan 2003-2011

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wrong house, wrong dog, wrong guy, right timing

Nothing like a little excitement in my life.....again.

As Donna and the kids were at a religion class at church (thank God), I went in the back yard to trim the bushes. I brought my little puppy with me (125lb Mastiff named Titan). As I was standing on top of my hot tub, trimming a tall bush, a pick up truck came slowly down our alley behind the houses. I didn't recognize the truck, so I paid attention. He slowed at my open garage. Then moved forward just out of the way. But he was directly in front of me, maybe 15 feet away. He didn't see me. I watched him get slowly out of his truck. He didn't shut the door, as to not make any noise. He looked up and down the alley, and toward all the houses. Then he walked to my driveway and into my garage. I jumped off the hot tub, and flew out the gate to the garage, with Titan at my side. This 6' 1", 170lb white male now had this 5' 8'' pissed off Italian, and his Mastiff in his face. I actually had to hold Titan back as to not maul the guy. We proceeded to "have words" and he called me "Dude". Wrong "F'n" word to call me. As every word my mother told me never to say came out of my mouth, at the top of my lungs, I told him to get his sorry ass on the ground, and hands behind him. Hell, I was holding hedge shears (30mm too). I scared the shit out of this guy. Hell, I scared me, I was so pissed off.

All the while this was happening, I memorized his truck, his plates, his height, approximate weight, clothes, all of it.

When I turned to grab my cell phone, he bolted into the truck and took off.

Police came shortly after, and said they identified the plates and the truck. They were very pleased with how I handled the whole situation, and the attention to detail I gave them. The Police are going to the DA on Monday to see if they can bring him up on attempted burglary. We'll at least get him for trespassing. Maybe even stupidity. Perhaps we should shoot him?

Just another day in the Parisi household.

How was your day?

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed this post! Proud to be an owner of a French mastiff myself. Im thankful the situation did not cause harm to either of you!
    Stupid People =o0

    ReplyDelete