(This) Man's Best Friend

(This) Man's Best Friend
The Mighty Titan 2003-2011

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Why is "28" better than "61"?


"61" was a wonderful movie about the 1961 New York Yankees and the internal team competition, and friendship, between the M&M boys, Roger Maris and Mickey Mantle. Maris went on to overtake the home run title held by Babe Ruth since 1927, with 61 of his own. The Yankees then won their 19th World Series Championship over the Cincinnati Reds.

So what is the significance of "28"?

• Well for one, it is the number of chapters of the Gospel of Matthew
• A Catholic Priest does 28 signs of the cross during Mass.
• 28 is the atomic number of nickel.
• It is also approximately the number of grams in an ounce.

But to me, and many others this baseball season, it is the goal of the Yankee empire. That is 28 World Series Championships.

So, as Titan and I gear up for baseball season, I hope all of you enjoy the Spring, have a wonderful Summer, and I know, Yankee's fans will have a long, enjoyable Fall season.

Boston.............. bite me.
UA-15499293-1

3 comments:

  1. i wondered how long it would be until you brought THEM in to the story. good there are those who appreciate you for other reasons...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!
    I'm a life-long Cubs fan, but now I have a reason to root for the Yankees too.

    ReplyDelete